Saturday, April 21, 2012

XP sp3 crashing DII

I have been playing DII single player and I am getting a serious crash after killing Andariel at the end of Act 1. This only happens on Windows XP machine with Service Pack 3 installed. Has never happened on SP2 or Vista. Oh yeah DII v1.12

Worst part is it does not save the fact I defeated her so no getting to Act 2.

Any work arounds? (My new netbook came with SP3 so no way to uninstall it.)

I updated a sp2 machine to sp3 and this happens on it too now.

Screen caps

First error



Next error

|||Try recopying the music file from the game cd to your d2 directory? Or run in compatibility mode with SP2.|||Thanks nicro. That did the trick.|||Update. I just had this happen again.

This time on a brand new build with Windows 7 (64bit)

The music file copy worked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment