Saturday, April 21, 2012

ACCESS_VIOLATION (c00000005)

Upon starting Diablo II: Lord of Destruction it attempts to play the cinematic Blizzard logo, and crashes.


Quote:




UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:

ACCESS_VIOLATION (c00000005)




I installed using the installers downloaded from Battle.net.

My computer specifications:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 930 [Quad-Core, 2.8GHz]

6gb DDR3 RAM

Crossfire-X, 2 ATI Radeon HD 5750



I have no driver conflicts. My drivers are on the latest version. I have DirectX 11. I am not overheating. I have defragged. I have no problems with any other game. I have installed the latest patch [1.13].

Any advice?|||try windowed mode

add ' -w' to the end of the target line on your d2 shortcut|||so i just fired up d2 again cuz i heard about 1.13, but i get the unhandled exception crash so frequently now (usually while trying to create a game). i rarely ever had this occur prior.

i play windowed mode on win7 ultimatex64. thoughts?|||make sure your user acct has administrator privileges, try compatability mode for xp sp2

check the vista thread, more tips may be in there

Sticky: Microsoft Vista and DII issues|||Quote:








try windowed mode

add ' -w' to the end of the target line on your d2 shortcut




Tried windowed mode, and that skips cinematics. Suddenly it works perfectly. Now i've just got cinematics disabled entirely. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment