Saturday, April 21, 2012

Connection issues ate my character.

Anyone else have this happen?

We all know that there are countless issues with losing connections in-game. I usually have this happen about a dozen times in a play session, myself.

Most recently, I lost my connection during a solo Baal run. I was in Baal's room when I lost the connection, got logged out of Bnet, and when I logged back in, the avatar for the character I was using was missing from the character list.

Note that the character name was still there, as was his level, and title from killing Normal Baal. Just the little image of him was gone, and now when I log into Bnet with him I cannot create or join games or even join any chat channels. All that I can do is look at the ladder rankings.

EDIT: This is not the same as the 'failed to join game' error people have been getting -- for this toon, the create/join buttons are greyed out, as though it were dead, but there is nothing to indicate that he is dead. Once in Bnet his usual avatar appears at the lower-left.

My alts and mules are still there and I can still play with them, but this one (my main for this ladder season) is totally unplayable now.

I really hope someone has a solution to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment