Saturday, April 21, 2012

Diablo errors at "random" times

At random times, Diablo II will freeze, I'll have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out, and it'll say that there is an error and exiting the error will close Diablo. This never happened until now (I'm at the last quest of Act I).

I say "random" because I found that certain actions will cause it to freeze such as equipping the shield that I have in my inventory.

Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Also, the error says "Unrecoverable internal error 6fe22f1b"|||most likely a corrupt file, try reinstalling

copy your d2 save folder to backup your chars|||Quote:








most likely a corrupt file, try reinstalling

copy your d2 save folder to backup your chars




I've done that and it doesn't work.

I reinstalled using the download client and the cd (separate times). It never works.|||I am having similiar too and it always slaps it at the lobby.

Doesn't matter if i am running 2 clients or one, either.

I remember having these same problems like, 5 to 6 YEARS ago. (Had a 4 year break ^^)

Just roll with it bro, these games are rather old already, desinged for the Win 98 / 2k era. (Maybe xp too ?)

Anyways, my issue isn't the same as yours, so you might want to try and running it in compability mode, just as starters.

Also Defrag your computer. (Suggesting Defraggler, i hope i wont be banned for shamelesly advertising )

Also keep your drivers updated.

Lastly, try running the game in windowed mode, using "-w" command, google it for more info.

EDIT: I googled around and found this. Uninstall the game by using the exe, then delete everything left in the game folder /Diablo II Excpt saves ofc. then reinstall and it should work.

Also try this

No comments:

Post a Comment