Thursday, April 19, 2012

Problems making games

It has been about a week since I played D2, but ever since this week whenever I try and make a game it just sits there and does nothing before going to a black screen. I wait a few minutes then try again and it makes the game fine.

This is really annoying and was not happening before. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've tried it on two different connections with the same results.|||I am still getting the exact same problem -- this has now been happening for 3 days

First attempt am making game:

1) create game with password

2) click the create button, i sit there and stare at the chat screen with the words "diablo II" on the right frame. The create button depressed for about 30 seconds, then about a minute of a black screen, then I'm back to the screen after you select your character.

Second attempt

1) create game with password

2) same as above, except this time the door loading screen is there but nothing happens

3) failed to join game error

Third attempt

1) everything goes smoothly|||Well you are not alone, i have not experienced this b4 the(except the horrible lagg in first week after reset) ,but these descriptions you mentioned started happening to me yesterday and are still bugging me atm.

A quick question are you doing mf runs when you are creating the games and are u using the same name for games?|||Well you are not alone, i have not experienced this b4 the(except the horrible lagg in first week after reset) ,but these descriptions you mentioned started happening to me yesterday and are still bugging me atm.

A quick question are you doing mf runs when you are creating the games and are u using the same name for games?|||hey i'm getting this problem as well. for me, i pull off around 2-3 meph runs and then the next 1 or 2 games will be a fail to join, and it repeats itself in this cycle. my friend is also experiencing this problem as well and its kinda annoying us.|||Good to know it's not just me.

This always happens with the first game I attempt to make when I log onto b.net. It doesn't matter what character or what the name of the game is. It doesn't matter if I'm MFing or leveling.

Oddly, I don't seem to have much trouble joining other people's games.|||happening to me too. I think this was probably set up by blizzard to stop bots, so it only effects game creation. changing game names doesn't help, and it effects different computers as well. was trying to mule some stuff and couldn't create a room with either character on two different machines. also, it's happening in both short and long winded games, so I don't think length has anything to do with it.

edit: I'm on us east. are all you guys on us east or is this in other realms too?|||Quote:








happening to me too. I think this was probably set up by blizzard to stop bots, so it only effects game creation. changing game names doesn't help, and it effects different computers as well. was trying to mule some stuff and couldn't create a room with either character on two different machines. also, it's happening in both short and long winded games, so I don't think length has anything to do with it.

edit: I'm on us east. are all you guys on us east or is this in other realms too?




I'm also on US East. should have specified in OP|||I'm on West and the same thing is happening. I found that if I wait 10-15 seconds after putting in the game name and password that I want to create, before hitting the create game button, I can usually avoid the "failed to join" message. Although sometimes it comes out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment