Thursday, April 19, 2012

Unhandled Exception: Access Violation (c0000005)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can give some feedback or advice on this. It has happened a couple of times, both with my Single Player necro. He is parked in Hell Act 5 Harrogath.

After completing a MF run with my sorc, I move on to my necro. After loading, I have about 2 seconds before the game freezes, I hear a 'ting' from Windows, and I exit to see this:

Diablo II Exception

Unhandled Exception:

Access Violation (c0000005)

Like I said, it has happened twice. Both times with my SP Necro, both times only after a couple of seconds after loading when he's in Act 5 Harrogath.

I have looked at Blizzard's site and found this. But it does not explain why this happens.

Does anyone have a clue? I have not installed any new applications to my hard-drive, and my system was purchased slightly over a year ago, so it has relatively new drivers and processor, etc. And I have been playing this necro for over half a year with no problem like this, until now.|||"Welcome to 1.11(b). With this new upgrade, you get to play the random crash lottery every game."

Basically, there's rarely an explanation. The error itself means: "I don't know what went wrong so this is being displayed."|||I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but thanks for the response RTB.

I was just a little worried for my (too many hours invested) Summoner Necro, since both crashes occurred with almost identical circumstances, i.e. both after first completing a run with my sorc, when my necro was in Act 5 Harrogath, and about 2-3 seconds just after loading.

But from your response, it sounds as if that this was just coincidence.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!|||yea i have the same problem

i think its because i full-installed the game, cause this bug happens only when cinematics gotta play.

so yeah ill try to install multiplayer version maybe tonight and tell you more.|||I get this every now and then, usually when I'm trying to join games.|||Quote:




I get this every now and then, usually when I'm trying to join games.




Likewise, or when I try to quickly enter a channel after CTRL + Ving something in.

You can force yourself to get something similar (if not the same thing) by hitting ESC to close a channel before it fully loads (perhaps only possible on really craptastic connections) and then double clicking a character at your character selection screen.|||I have it too, but I thought it was just at random, but now I see that it is related to ctrl+c or v. Best to do that not too fast, then I get the error..|||Quote:








I have it too, but I thought it was just at random, but now I see that it is related to ctrl+c or v. Best to do that not too fast, then I get the error..




happens all the time, but copypaste seems to cause it rather often ie. when you found this great game "Offer x Need y" where x is greatly overpaying for that y you have on another char and you quickly wants to switch char to join that game...|||slow things down alot when playing on bnet, doing stuff fast tends to cause crashes and temp bans|||It has happened to me only once, but not in relation to joining a game.. I had just TP'ed back to town to revive my merc and fill up my lifebulb due to running into packs of Oblivion Knights + Burning Souls down in the Throne of Destruction. Rather annoying to have to abandon that game, actually :/

No comments:

Post a Comment