Thursday, April 19, 2012

Diablo unhandled exception 80000003

For some reason, my game always crashes in act 2 right when i see a scarab in the desert...



The error is something like Unhandled exception 80000003.

Any ideas/reasons why?|||My guess is that it is an error triggered when D2 trys to call up the texture resources. What worked for me was reinstalling and re-patching with a new set of discs. To check, I'd find the line number of the error (if it's a Halt error it should list the line number in the notification box) and search the forums or google for that, the error codes aren't always consistent as different textures get corrupted.|||I have the same error,

"unhandled exception: Breakpoint (80000003)"

everytime I play for like 4 minutes I get that error.

I've tried many things, differents site's from blizzard, trying to install the patch first, run as administrator and all..

Nothing helps, i hope someone can help me, I'm not really a computer genius so i preciate easy talks!

Thanks|||could also be a corrupt file, try reinstalling, or copy the large mpq files from the cd again|||I've tried reinstalling many times and that didn't work!

How do you mean copy the large mpq files from the cd again?|||put the orig cds in the drive, copy these mpq files to your d2 install folder

d2char.mpq

d2exp.mpq

d2speech.mpq

d2sfx.mpq

d2video.mpq

d2music.mpq

d2data.mpq

D2XVIDEO.MPQ (lod only)

d2xtalk.mpq (lod only)

D2XMUSIC.MPQ (lod only)



if reinstalling didnt work, that might not either

how about a little systme info

os, cpu, ram, video card?

is it hot after each attempt?|||But I play the game from the CD, I try to copy thos files but can't find them all

OS?CPU?RAM?Video card?

I don't know all that, I have a standart Acer Aspire 3690 laptop

processor: intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 430 @ 1.73GH 1.73 GHz

RAM: 1014

It doesn't get hot,|||the game came on 3 cd's, install, play, cinematics, and the expansion lod discs

if you patch to ver 1.12 or later the cds are no longer required to play



i just fixed an acer 3680 for a firend, barley ran d2, had to use directdraw for it to work

(similar to yours with the intel 945gm video card)

start -> run -> dxdiag [enter] -> display tab

what device name is listed?

if its intel download the latest driver from intel site, acer driver site has very old drivers that dont support d2d/d3d very well

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng

for family pick graphics, product line pick laptop graphics, name pick whatever is listed

check your system properties to see what ver of windows it has|||I guess my problem just got solved, I've just played for 1,5 hours without any errors! Thanks a lot!!!|||I came back to diablo since patch. I had to change compatibility down to get the game working on win 7.

BUT the game was working fine for awhile. Up until yesturday apr 13th. Now it freezes up constantly and occasionally drops this error.

It often happens while exiting or entering games but not always. Sometimes it happens while still in the game and with no consistent location. Once in the pit. One at pindle. couple times by shenk-eldritch.

I also cant really "copy mpqs from cd" as I used battle.net's download. My diablo cds are totally scratched to ****.

No comments:

Post a Comment