Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mac Patch Bug?

I have had my Mac for 5 years and before today I only ever froze eight times. Today, since the patch, my Mac has freezed 11 times.

Every time it happens I have just pressed either Join or Create.

Four times this happened while I was trying to mule all the runes that the damned Countess gave me, these were most of the join game freezes.

It also happened when I went to make a trade with someone in a game they created.

Every time I freeze I have to reboot which means if it happens while muling I lose all my items, not to mention the fact I have to pay for my modem to reconnect because I am on dial-up.

Is this a Mac patch bug or is it happening to people with PCs as well? I was also thinking that it might have something to do with their anti-hack measures and it is somehow effecting muling as well. If it is anti-hack that does nothing to stop me being pissed, if anything it makes me more so, because I have never even used maphack, let alone d2loader and stuff, and it means I am being penalized for what others do.

Or could it just be B.Net server problems and the problem might go away in a few days? If it's a Mac patch bug then Blizzard has effectively just kicked all Mac users off B.Net.|||Make that thirteen times. |||Quote:








Make that thirteen times.




It's a bug that unfortunately cannot be replicated, but it happens often enough that it needs to be addressed.

Mac Cube G4 1g, 1.25g RAM, GeForce 3 running 10.3.9

It is indeed a leave-then-rejoin bug that simply freezes the mac. I also get freezes durring gameplay which make the arrow (regular mouse cursor) appear.

Whenever I leave and rejoin a game that I made, I exit battle.net -- haven't had any problems on the join bug since then.|||I played it today with an powerbook (still 10.2.8) and had no problems.

*stkrause|||my mac freezes quite a bit now, usually when i exit a game. have to force quit.|||Quote:








my mac freezes quite a bit now, usually when i exit a game. have to force quit.




i've definatly notice more of this my mac too. usually when i try to create. havn't tried joining many though, only creating.|||17 freezes in 24 hours (and I slept for six) is not right.

I am only getting it when I try to join or create games.

If I could force quit I would, at least then I would have a chance at not loosing my items when trying to transfer, but this is a complete freeze and I have to reboot and wait for Disk First Aid to finish as well as my dial-up to reconnect.

NOT HAPPY.|||i fell better knowing it happens to other, cause then maybe it will be fixed

i simply can't play it anymore because of this

it crashes while i'm creating, joining, or exiting bnet... i just have to reboot.

g4 powerbook os9|||Quote:








i fell better knowing it happens to other, cause then maybe it will be fixed

i simply can't play it anymore because of this

it crashes while i'm creating, joining, or exiting bnet... i just have to reboot.

g4 powerbook os9




christ. i'm not having nearly as much trouble as some of you guys. i've always just been able to force quit d2 when its happened.

i'm using OS X v10.4.2 on a 1.25 GHz G4|||Are those of you with OSX using the Carbon version of Diablo II?

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment