Thursday, April 19, 2012

Items randomly disappear while muling

So as of recent when muling with a friend, normal items like OS items, eth items, or white/superior items are randomly disappearing. I know that items will disappear after a certain amount of time, but this is just retarded. When I mule with my friend, they exclusively will disappear. One can suspect my friend is stealing, but he'd have no incentive to; ontop of the fact I'm dropping items MUCH more rare then silly 4os flails, yet they disappear. I checked his account, all the vendors in town and outside the area and they're no where.

Anyone been experiencing this as well? Happens only when theres other people in the game. The only other explanation is that for some reason he's hopping on a mule and joining the game faster than i do, then leaving, but he'd have to be extremely fast. And again, I've known him for many years outside of D2, and of all the years we played d2 it's never done this until now.|||I've also had this problem, lost a 3x3 set yesterday. Seems like keys, and "white" items randomly disappear. My keys disappear in a game with me snigle muling so there was no one who could steal the item.|||its 10min for most white items to dissapear when left on the ground

quest items will stay forever including wirts leg

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/basics.shtml


Quote:




Items and Gold Disappear after time when left on the ground

Don't leave items or gold lying on the ground any longer than necessary.



Regular items and gold disappear after exactly 10 minutes.

Magic items will disappear after 20 minutes.

Rare, Set, Crafted, and Unique items will disappear after lying on the ground for 30 minutes.

Rune Words (10 minutes)

Gems and Runes (20 minutes)|||Quote:








I know that items will disappear after a certain amount of time, but this is just retarded.




Your friend is not stealing from you. The normal items you are dropping simply expire on the ground, because you don't pick them up fast enough. They would disappear even if you were muling by yourself.

Note that normal items include the following: normal nonmagical, socketed, ethereal, rune words, keys, essences, tokens, and gold.|||That makes little sense to me then. At least, I probably muled the OS items first, but when I solo muled by myself, I usually spend an hour doing it being EXTREMELY careful not to get restricted, and there were no items were disappearing. Nor do I ever remember a time they disappeared so fast that it was a 10 minute timer. It seemed more like 60 minutes.

Ugh. **** blizzard. "Don't leave them on the ground longer than necessary, but don't join games too fast while muling or we'll ban you and make them disappear regardless," is what it should say.

Well, now that I have to deal with this while muling too for some reason, will picking up and re-dropping the items refresh the timer? If someone has a full inventory and just spam clicks all of the items very quickly, will that refresh their timers too?|||I know that picking up items and redropping them does refresh the timer. Just juggling them around, without ever picking the item on the cursor or in inventory, might not.

No comments:

Post a Comment