Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cinematics not playing

Since I've seen them on a friend's PC long before I bought my own D2, it never bothered me much that my D2's cinematic movies never played. I assumed it was some compatibility issue with my CDs (I bought them in French).

However, it's starting to bug me that this thing is taking space on my HD without me being able to make use of it. And since my memories are fading away too, it'd be nice to see those cines again.

Does anyone have an idea why it doesn't work? :)

Currently on an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core running Vista. Whenever the cine should play, it would simply skip it altogether. Clicking manually on the cines does nothing at all. (Yes, I did the "full install with cinematics", and having the cine CD in drive changes nothing)

My older PC (Celeron something running XP) used to crash and restart whenever it was cine time, and progressing through acts was a real pain. The cines never played there either.

Thanks in advance :)|||make sure you have d2video.mpq and D2XVIDEO.MPQ (exp vidoes) in your d2 install folder

if your playing in windowed mode ( -w at the end of your d2 target line on your d2 shortcut)

it forces ddraw and disables the cinematics|||It was the windowed mode!

Thank you ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment