Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Connection Interrupted" and CTA

Recently I've noticed that it seems if you have a cta on switch, and you use weapon switch to BO yourself too fast, it sometimes results in an immediate "Connection Interruption" and then you become flagged. Has anyone else had this problem? Most of the time, it doesn't happen, but in the past couple of days it's done it to me 3 or 4 times.|||yes

changing skills quickly will give temp bans

you can quickly change 2-3 times, but any more you will get ci and temp banned

slow down a little when using cta|||quick changing of chars can cause temp ban to stop bots and mulers. ok,

but quick changing skill.. why do they ban this :) ?|||its more likely to ease up on server loads

spamming/cycling skills quickly can crash servers, it was part of one form of a dup bug|||Weird, i can circle around skills with my mouse wheel as much as i please...|||Quote:








Weird, i can circle around skills with my mouse wheel as much as i please...




I don't think that's what does it. It's when you use skills too quickly. Take for example, on my zealer, I can weapon switch quickly, and quickly spam battle command then battle orders, and switch back, and I'll be fine, but if I add holy shield into the mix (since the battle command allows me to have a higher lvl holy shield) and I use it quick enough, which I can without thinking, having done it so many times, I get connection interrupted almost immediately after using the skill.

My guess would be the same thing would happen to a sorc if she had all 3 of the cold armor spells on her wheel, and scrolled/used each one quick enough. Doesn't make much sense to me, because this doesn't hurt botters one bit, but it does players (there's nothing like having this happen when your about to BO right before fighting baal in your solo game...)|||Nurman, try mouse wheeling with a pally when a couple of those are auras. It's an insta temp ban :P|||This isn't a big deal with a lot of classes but it is a real PITA with a summon necro where you are spaming CE and using a lot of curses.

No comments:

Post a Comment