Thursday, April 19, 2012

WTF "Your account has been closed (8)?

Anyone know what in the frickin' heck that means?|||bad news, you or someone else used a hack or cheat with your acct

if it was you, your cd key will probably be banned too, might take a day|||Sounds like a Ban to me. Were you using any third party program?

edit: pwnt|||Caught using hacks.

Can't quite say battle.net was wrong because they only find specific programs and ban for it.|||Well, then my account was compromised. Because I have no hacks or other programs. Same thing happened to my brother like 4 hours after a clean install, again, no hacks or other programs.|||Could say that but on the other hand, bnet only searches for specific programs. :3|||Right, I understand that they ban for botting and hacking and stuff (which is great), but I don't use any hacks or anything. Also, how would you explain what happened to my brother? Trust me, he barely knows how to click much less install and run hacks and third party programs.

EDIT: Alternatively, if I contacted BNET, do you think I could/would find out when or what they banned me for?

EDIT #2: I still have access to a mule account, and can play on there still, so no key ban as of yet.|||Most likely Maphack caused this.But dont jump for joy yet sometimes it takes 24-48 hours for them to ban the cdkey after an account closed (8) message,If this if a first offense its banned for 30 days.If it is a second its banned for life.I learned this lesson the hard way 3 times.Although i nver joined a game on bnet with the program intentionally open it doesnt matter|||Ok...I run Debian Etch 4.0 (linux)

I have never been banned for any reason.

I have not used any hack/3rd party program with this install (~1 month).

Prior to that, I used d2loader on my XP machine, with different keys, as I lost the cases and cd's and purchased new ones about 6 weeks ago, as I planned to move to Debian, and needed CD keys.

No hacks, cheats, dupes or any attempts at any of these 3.

The last time I logged into my account was Wednesday or Thursday.

Did they just screw me over or am I missing something?|||I had a similar deal happen to me a couple years back. My cd key was banned for 30 days and the account that was "suspect" was closed. I talked to several tech support people and their supervisor a few times as well. I had no hacks, no nothing on my comp so I pushed them to give me backup (anything) that proved what I did wrong which they couldn't even pinpoint. They said they'd research and get back to me, like I said, that was 2 yrs ago, and no word back from their research...lol. Best thing to do is move on to a newgame or just start over if you really enjoy dii.

No comments:

Post a Comment