Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cd-Key disabled

Well after doing a search I found that it is because I am using a no-cd patch. I installed the game on an older laptop and the cd-rom drive is very noisy and unreliable, so I did what I usually do, installed a no-cd patch. I did not realize that this was punishable by banning. I did not cheat and did not mean to break Blizzards rules. Will they reinstate my key after a little while? Can I reinstall the game and just use the cds?

I am not sure why they do not send a warning before disabling my account. They have my email address through battle.net. I have never once cheated while playing a Blizzard game, I am simply trying to get the game to work.|||Let me get this straight: you used a third-party no-CD patch to get your game to work?

The official 1.12 patch doesn't require CD, so you really screwed yourself for nothing if that's what you did.

And yes, Blizzard is not in the habit of warning anyone when third-party mods are involved. Your CD-key may be banned for good, and it definitely is banned for as long as you keep using that mod.|||I deleted the mod. I now know that I do not need the cd to play, but I didn't know at the time. Turns out I had to transfer the music file off the play disk before I could ditch the cds. I would hope they do not ban my cd-key for good. That would be pretty lame since I wasn't cheating in anyway. Anyhow, I emailed them to find out some more information. I guess now would be a good time to make another run through diablo. Maybe starcraft seeing as how the new game is going to be out soon.....|||Ah crud. I believe I heard somewhere that Diablo 1 is not compatible with windows 7?

No comments:

Post a Comment