Thursday, April 12, 2012

Application Version;-

[:1]Alright, so I just installed Diablo II and Diablo II: LOD on my Windows 7 laptop. I can not open it from the desktop icon, but can from the Start Menu. Upon doing so, it opens the plain black full screen, does a little laggy flash three times before continuing on to showing the Blizzard title, etc. Now, once I click on Battle.net it says this:

Battle.net is unable to properly identify your application version.



So.. Any suggestions on what to do? I've restarted my computer, done the video test (which selected a glide for me, but when I accepted it said something that I can't remember but what I know did no select it.) I'm lost.|||Make sure you're running in administrator mode.|||And how do I do that?|||Not on a W7 machine at the moment but I think you can right click on the main game icon inside the folder in which it resides. See if there is a "run as" item to click when you right click. Do so and then choose to run as admin. During this process you might find a setting option to "always run as admin". See if that works for you.

Are you an admin on the Windows account you're using?

If I recall you can also run in XP compatibility mode.|||Meh, no such item identified as 'run as' and I'm unsure what would be a good second to that. Never has this installation been difficult. ><|||Double post-

I just tried adding the -w at the end of the shortcut to see if there was a difference and even tried taking the screen from normal size to minimized and still no help..|||Ok, do this then. Right click on the main icon and go to properties. Select the compatibility tab. Choose to run in XP compatibility, select to run in 256 colors and as an admin.|||Got it and it works. Thank you! (:|||You're welcome! Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment