Thursday, April 12, 2012

Diablo 2 Crash Report - Essences/Tokens

[:1]Okay this is my first started thread entirely. Thought I'd go asking around since finding my solution doesnt help.

- Before, I was showing a "Token" to one of my friends quite new to the game. (still new-ish)... or trying to when every time I either dropped it on the ground, or popped it up in Trade view, it would make him Time out.

Just today, we went through Chaos Sanctuary (dying) to get a Magic Find drop on Diablo. What dropped was Chance Gaurd Chain gloves, some yellow crap, and a Burning Essence of Terror.

About 3 seconds after that, my buddy seemed to have "Left The Game" as reported when someone usually leaves a game. But HE tells me he got an error that reads out

"Halt

Location: line #1678

Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6fd730d1"


We even tested trading the item just to get what it said exactly.

Previously, I had him log into my account to play my Fire Sorc (containing another Terror Essence in stash) just to have another Time out/crash.

(We tested that just now too)

Other than that, his game still runs perfectly. He even never has lag/Ping spikes or system slowdown with this game.

Due to these tests, I can say its for SURE the new items of patch 1.13 are causing this crash.

And before you suggest it, he already tried reinstalling the patch, it just tells you its "Your current version is more up-to-date then the one you are trying to install".|||Try reinstalling the whole game

Is the D2 english version? I can vaguely remember that someone had some problem with something (haha) on an italian/polish/whatever version of the game|||Quote:








Try reinstalling the whole game

Is the D2 english version? I can vaguely remember that someone had some problem with something (haha) on an italian/polish/whatever version of the game




Why would it be any other languange? Really...|||Quote:








Try reinstalling the whole game




Did you try this then?|||Quote:








Did you try this then?




We're going to work on that now. He had a torrent copy which he bought a CD key for.

This time I'm gonna give him a CD image for my own disks and using that same CD key.

So I don't know if the E/T problem is gonna fix, or if itll be worse when he starts getting system lag/ping spikes every 10 minutes... Guess we'll find out.|||I coulda sworn I already posted this once.

- I got the problem solved I just uploaded my own patch_d2.exe to his folder (his was different, odd) and now his game no longer crashes when playing my Sorc which holds a couple of Terror Essences.

No comments:

Post a Comment