Wednesday, April 18, 2012

No NO-CD after reinstalling.

I'm not talking about any illegal third party patch.

As of 1.12 we can run LoD without the CD in the tray.

Well, I wiped my machine as it was filled with crap due to 5 years of work and when I installed D and LoD it was updated to 1.13c. No problem, I thought.

Well, I went to play after a while and it asked me for the expansion CD.

So, what do I do now?

TIA|||Copy the .mpq files from the cd to your installation directory. Do not overwrite any of the existing files because your cd-key information is embedded in some of them.|||Quote:








Copy the .mpq files from the cd to your installation directory. Do not overwrite any of the existing files because your cd-key information is embedded in some of them.




Ah, thanks!

Turns out there was only one "missing" file from the LoD CD. I have to wonder why this happened as I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again and the same thing happened while the first time I bought it it was immediately patched to 1.12 and worked like a charm.

I had full instalations on both parts of the game (D:SP+MP, LoD: full install and upgrade).

Well, it's working fine now but it's still odd that it happened in the first place.|||You could always just download the digital version |||Quote:








You could always just download the digital version




I actually added my LoD account to the bnet but stopped halfway. I wanted to play my own game, you know?

I don't enev know if that would do anything without the vanilla version also attached to bnet and downloaded and I didn't want both registered with bnet. Who knows what they'll think of next (thinking of Real ID) .

No comments:

Post a Comment