Friday, April 13, 2012

You must install diablo 2 before installing LOD

[:1]so as the title states, i am getting that error.

I have installed diablo 2 via discs, and attempt to install LoD as well via a disc I just purchased. I get this error however.

When I attempt to DL LoD through bliz, i get "this download is not authorized" every time.

I am getting very frustrated because there is little to no information on this problem on google. Does anyone have a solution or did I Just waste 25 dollars on a decade old game from a damned arrogant company?|||Google: "this download is not authorized" Blizzard

Results: 1630

second result:

http://www.gamertechtv.com/2010/bliz...ot-authorized/



Think that's what you're looking for.|||this did not help. it still occurs. additionally this does not explain why i cannot install off the disc. the whole reason i purchased a hard copy was so I wouldnt have to sit through the long *** download. I have very fickle internet (i tether off a droid 2) so DLing is difficult|||In that case try patching up your original d2 installation up to 1.13 and then give LoD install another try. To update you can just connect to bnet from d2, but if your internet isn't reliable I guess you may also try downloading the installer from blizzards homepage. (http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20758)

You can also make sure that the registry entries for d2 are pointing at the correct path (start->run->"regedit" enter->ctrl+f->"Diablo II" enter->check that InstallPath and Program points correctly).

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog& presentation. Keep writing more and more. I voted for your blog and suggested your blog to my friends also.
    1993 Mercury Villager AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete