Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DII 1.13 crashes when Tal set is worn... +some conditions.

I just (very recently) completed Tal Rasha's Set.

Now, whenever I hover my mouse on the orb, the game crashes. I suppose it's because the list of things is waaay to long. It shouldn't be ! Well I have one socket in it (Larzuk rules), that has a 15 all resist jewel. So it adds a line. And it adds +15 to all resists, much in the same way as the +50 to all resists from the complete set bonus.

So I'm wondering, could it be the list is too long ? Or is it the fact that I have two "different" sources of + to all resists on the same item ?

I can get around this issue by not letting my mouse go over the weapon slot, but it gets tricky when talking to vendors. Sometimes, the "buy/sell" part of the dialog is right where the weapon will be. And I usually forget about it after ten minutes of play, so end up crashing my game quite a bit.

For reference : Mac OS 10.6.3 on a Powerbook 2.8. It's not a temperature issue, I tested the weapon slot stuff, and it is instant kill whenever I come across said slot...|||most likely a corrupt mpq file

reinstall, or copy the large mpq files from your orig cds to your d2 install folder


Code:
d2char.mpq
d2exp.mpq
d2speech.mpq
D2XVIDEO.MPQ
d2xtalk.mpq
D2XMUSIC.MPQ
d2sfx.mpq
d2video.mpq
d2music.mpq
d2data.mpq

No comments:

Post a Comment