Friday, April 13, 2012

Problem with Battle.Net, help would be appreciated.

[:1]For a few days now I've been having this persistent problem with my games. I can login, select a character, join a channel and make a game no problem.

However, when I'm in the chat or in-game, the battle.net chat commands don't work. Stuff like /time, /friends list, etc. Also, when I quit the game I instantly get booted past the chat, and character screen and back to the login screen. I've checked my ports and I don't need to forward anything (I was playing fine before and my ports hadn't been touched).

The latest thing I've done is install the latest version of WL Messenger.

Again, any input or help would be appreciated, thanks.|||Nevermind, I discovered and fixed the problem. I will document it here incase anyone has the same problem in the future.

Basically, installing the latest version of WLM must have edited registry entires that it shouldn't have. So the Battle.net server list registry entry was messed up. The fix was simple: I just ran RegEdit, went under Local_Machine, software, and deleted the Battle.Net entry. I did the same under Current_User. I started up Diablo 2 again and the problem was gone, as the server list renewed itself.

Thanks for the help anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment