Monday, April 16, 2012

Can't get Diable II to work in XP

So here is my frustrating problem. I bought Diablo II on sunday and I spent all day today and monday trying to get it to connect to battle net. I tried to reinstall it a couple times, and even did the ipconfig/ flushdns method. One time that i reinstalled it, it actually connected and tried to install the version 1.13c update. But everytime I try to connect it says battle.net can't identy your software version. I even registered my CD keys at battle.net and downloaded the software incase my cds were out of date. Its the same as what I have. (DIABLO II GOLD WITH EXPANSION PACK INCLUDED)

Now here is the interesting part. My partner has a computer with with windows 7 and while he was at work today I installed Diablo there and everything work. I even played a about an hour on battle net. I really would like to get this to work on MY computer because, once he gets home his computer is occupied the whole night.

Here are my system specs.

IBM t30

Winxp media center

1BG ram

2.0GH

100GB HDD with 20GB free

NO background programs

Scanned for trojen and virus yesterday

Please help I haven't played Diablo in years and REALLY want to get into it again!!|||could be a problem with your lan

some schools, apartments, dorms ect.. block gaming ports (4000 and/or 6112)

first try disabling your software firewalls

you can test 6112 using the telnet trick

vista and 7 dont have telnet installed by default

Open control panel.

Then go into programs.

Then in programs and features

Click ‘turn windows features on or off ‘

on the list that appears check the box beside: Telnet Client.

Then click ok.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21139

start -> run (search vista/7) -> cmd [enter]

telnet uswest.battle.net 6112 [enter]

c [case sensitive must be lower]

it will give your internet ip if port 6112 is open

ex.


Code:
 This is a Battle.net server

Your IP address is [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (this will be your internet ip)


Connection to host lost.

talk to a network admin and see if they can open the gaming ports

No comments:

Post a Comment