Friday, April 13, 2012

Constant 'Failed to join game'

[:1]This never happened when I last played, but it seems like at least a third of all games I attempt to create now will fail at the loading screen, and throw that message in my face.|||check or disable your firewalls, something is most likely blocking port 4000|||Just tried it without a firewall, same problem.

Did a port test with utorrent and 4000 is definitely open and forwarded.|||Try, when making a game or joining a game, to enter slower..

I mean that if you click on join or create, you dont press enter within 2 seconds, but first wait 2 second before clicking enter or the button

My exprecience with hosting baalruns is that if you create or join to fast you will get ''failed to join game''

Now when I wait 2 secs I never got it anymore..

Maybe it helps, otherwise it is indeed your firewall/connection..|||think its join bugs. been happening quite frequently the last couple weeks.|||Yeah, almost every other game i make or join is a fail. I stopped playing d2 in full, 2 years ago when i bought guildwars but ive been on d2 anough to keep all my charas from 2002 till now up and alive, i come back in full force 2 years later and theres nothing but wild fails and lag and all kinds of annoying stuff. Game is still good tho, i love how it has never changed since i left, because i think 1.11b was already out in march 2006 when i got guildwars so basically the game hasn't changed one bit. Cept for more game fails what is with it man.|||I just started getting epic Failed to Joins. The strange thing is, it's only on one character! He can't join or create a game. Different character on the same account, no problem. What kinda crap is this...

Edit: Someone else was logged in with that character, that's why. >.< d'oh!|||Disconnect your internet connection, then delete a file call "bncache.dat" in your d2 folder.

Solve my problem once, not sure if it work for you.|||I've been getting the same issue as well. If I join OR create a game, I get 'failed to join game.' It'll start in the middle of a game, where it'll suddenly disconnect me. Everyone stops moving and monsters run in place. The failed to join game errors will persist for an hour. If I stop playing and just come back later it'll work fine. I tried waiting a few seconds before I make/join games. I restarted the client too; None of it worked.

It can't be my firewall. This was never an issue the last time I played before the patch with the exact same firewall/connection/computer/everything (8 months ago?).

I'll give Trueblood's suggestion a shot.

edit: I LITERALLY typed in the game name/pass, then posted this just to test the "wait" fix. (It was about one minute). When I came back in, my character was reversed 2 minutes from what I was doing before the disconnect. I was in the middle of meph runs, thank god nothing rare dropped. :/|||There's a public rollback exploit on BNet that all the scripters are abusing. Nothing you can fix on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment