Wednesday, April 18, 2012

disappearing games?

I was searching through games in the list on Battlenet, found one that had been open more than 5 minutes and made some trades, dropped some items, picked some up. At one point, a character in the game got the message "Your connection has been interrupted" and of course was exited from the game to the lobby screen.

I then immediately typed in the game name, which I did not forget or spell incorrectly (brg aldurs) and it said "This game does not exist". WTF?

It must have been open 15+ minutes, there were other people in it. And there was my stuff on the ground, a runeword item, amulets, charms, ect.

Tried again, same result. Logged of BNET, then connected again, same result. Closed Diablo, waited a few minutes, same result. Deleted BNET cache data file, no dice. Tried a different account, same problem. Different characters, same problem.

WTF is going on here? Why are games disappearing? How can we transfer items without losing them? I'm really pissed off! A game with players in it for 15 plus minutes should not be going ***POOF*** all of a sudden! I need to be able to transfer items!|||Remember the time immediately after the ladder reset when games kept crashing all the time?

The reason for that was a rollback exploit that would crash a server, causing all games on it to disappear immediately. I've heard talk that another similar exploit has become public a short time ago, and now every cheating idiot on Battle.net is making the realms unplayable by using it.

The good thing is that this is so serious that Blizzard will have to do something about it, and update the server side software. They did the same after the reset, but it took a while for them to identify and fix the problem. I'm pretty much staying off the realms entirely until the issue gets resolved.|||this same thing JUST happened to me. i was even about to start a thread saying basically what just happened to you. i made a game with a guy on one account and left him to sit there and i went into my room and logged in with my other account and started dropping/transfering stuff. all of a sudden i couldnt get in and it said the game didnt exist. i was like wtf,walked to my other computer and sure enough theres my guy just sitting in the chat screen. i lost some pretty useful stuff and im really annoyed |||Has there been an official response from Blizzard yet? How will we know when the problem is solved?

I knew something was up when I started seeing all those multi-colored font game names advertising different item selling sites. And when somebody traded me 12 Lems for 3 Dols, and when somebody gave me a free Occulus just for being nice to them. Ect ect.|||I think it has calmed down a bit. Maybe those idiots have finally gone to cheat on WoW|||There was a report on the Community Forum to the effect that the realms had been rebooted. Most likely this was due to a server side software upgrade, and the problem has now been fixed. At least Europe seems to be fine.|||hope they do something for other realms too

Asia is missing the game creation countdown meter altogether...almost FTJG all the time|||Oh and I saw something I'd never seen before in all my years of playing on battlenet, a count down until I could create a new game, and there was a message saying Join a game instead to avoid this, or something of that nature. Is that new?

No comments:

Post a Comment