Wednesday, April 18, 2012

horadric staff glitch

I'm in A2 NM right now. In a game earlier I found the partial staff and amulet. Quit for a while. Came back into Bnet, cubed to get the Horadric Staff. The staff's name is now in red. I can't use it to open up Duriel's den. I've talked to all the NPCs necessary, just like I have hundreds of times before on this game. Is this some kind of known glitch? It isn't the worst thing in the world, just means I have to go get the items again (and do the maggot lair again, gross).

Screenshot!|||Could have been from a different difficulty setting (IE, normal or hell), in which case it won't work.|||Yup, it's from previous difficulty setting. (So it does not work)|||I figured out what might have happened. I know for sure I got the pieces from a NM game. However, I may have cubed the Staff while transferring in a Normal game.|||Yup

I did the same exact thing a few years back - took me a while to figure out what I had done! I muled it off for my next characters run; saves a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment