Monday, April 16, 2012

Reset stats/skill bug?

I'm a pretty new Diablo 2 player, and I've encountered a bug that makes me think I need to reroll.

I had a level 24 paladin that I wanted to convert from one build into another. One of the items that I have that I like is a bone shield with enhanced blocking that provides a total of 70% bonus to block. My block percentage was definitely 75% to block and I'm positive that my dexterity was no higher than 40 or so.

I was fully equipped when I did the stat reset at Akara, so my equipped items were marked red until I put enough points strength to equip everything. After putting enough points in strength to un-red everything, I have a total of 8% block bonus with my shield equipped.

Is this right?

I logged out and back in, and the bonus didn't change. I bought another shield and the block percentage stays really low. I transferred my shield over to my level 12 barbarian and verified that he still gets the full 75% block with it equipped; everything seems fine.

It seems that I've bugged this toon. When I go out to fight stuff, I get hit all the time now, even when standing still. It's definitely over 25%.

When I put points into dex it only bumps my block percentage by 1 or 2. I'd have to have a dex score of 90+ to max my block percentage now, and I *know* I didn't have anywhere near that amount in dexterity before.

I wasn't continuously running Holy Shield so I know that wasn't contributing. Is there some sort of hidden block bonus I was getting from some paladin skills that I no longer have?

Has anyone else run into this problem? Am I going to have to reroll my paladin?|||Did you recently convert your guy from a classic character to expansion character? I just decided to ask because block rate in expansion uses a different formula than classic when it comes to block rate.

In classic: Block rate is based on the block rate of the shield. So equipping Sigon's shield on a pally in classic would yield 74% block rate because that's what the shield's block rate is.

In expansion: If you go to the arreat summit, it tells you that blocking in expansion works like this:

When a player blocks, that is, after a hit has already occurred, probability is computed that a player will block as follows:

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)

Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items.

No comments:

Post a Comment