Friday, April 13, 2012

DOes anyone think revive sucks and that they should patch it?

[:1]I reconsidered and figured it probably IS worth it, even if they only last three minutes. It would be well worth it to have 20 revives and my skeletons and mages at the same time.

But, why was it you could lose them by outrunning them and they don't port back to you. Game balance perhaps? Was it too powerful to have them all on the screen and this was made as a drawback?

But, seriously I don't have to do a lot to lose them. Not only will I lose them just trying to keep up with my party, but their AI sucks and even if I go slow they won't follow very well sometimes walking aroun doing nothing, won't walk around the corner to engage enemies. It's especially bad in cramped quarters, as a lot of levels are, such as the catacombs, Tal Rasha's tombs, and worst of all arcane Sanctuary.

Has it always been this way? I was real excited about get to have them, but not now. Do any of you find it's still worth it to have to keep re-animating due not to them timing out, but lagging behind?|||Not worth more than a point and even then they are situational due to the 3 minute timespan. Its always been like this which is a shame.

I was hoping they would patch it and reduce the amount of revives to around 1 per 3 levels and remove the time limit which severely limits the use.|||Personally i find that my melee skeletons are enough. Revives can be useful sometimes, but not for a permanent army. I use them to beef up my army just before act bosses or if there is some particularly useful monster that ive killed. If anything should be patched, it would be the skeleton mages. I would love to have some ranged elemental damage in my army, unfortunatly their current damage is way to low to even bother with them imo.|||Revives are amazing.|||I like revives. Yes their AI sucks but the key is teleportation. Teleport yourself a yard or two in front of the enemy pack and they should all engage.|||As far as I was aware they handle like a merc - so a teleportation should solve your problems, should it not?|||Revives and Metal golem poof when you are to far away from them.



Reviving an army has 2 purposes (well the purposes I used them for)

1) It doesnt hurt to give the enemy more targets. Better your minions than yourself.

2) Some monsters have special abilities or attacks, that make them highly desirable: Travincal Council with their Hydras (just cus they're cool). Gorebellies/Blunderbores because they have a default stun/crushing blow (revive 20 of those and any boss will fall very fast if you can reach them in time). Then there's the gloams with the lightning attack, or just revive a crapload of ranger monsters to attack from afar and backup your normal skeletons. And, if you are feeling the daredevil: Revive the poisonous Tomb Vipers from Nihlatak's lair.... a group of those can potentially slay Dclone in mere seconds.



I noticed that minions tend to poof the more you have of them. So if by some coincidence you have around 45 minions running around (very plausible), chances of half of them poofing (skeletons included) are very high. You can avoid this with teleporting around, OR occasionally using a Town Portal. Hop in and out and your army is gathered again.



But as a veteran necromancer user, I don't recommend using revives until you can really use them, as either cannonfodder, distractions, or when you're up against the boss.|||i like revives myself but playing a summonermancer is sooooooo much easyer when you have teleport :)|||summonermancer? I laffed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment