Friday, April 13, 2012

I can't fix the freezing issue...

[:1]Yeah I know there are a few threads dedicated to this problem already and have exhausted all possible solutions that people have mentioned. The problem starts when I enter a game either self made or already made. i hear the audio start to loop over itself and skip a few times before finally joining the game. However once I'm in game everything seems fine until I start to teleport around especially in Durance of Hate. I almost always freeze on the 3rd level for some unknown reason. The problem isn't exclusive to that area though usually it happens with most bosses and in a few other places. I noticed no drop in frame rate instead it just randomly freezes and I usually die.

This problem has just recently started happening after downloading Sony Acid Music Studio. So I don't know if that download changed some of my settings or what but I was contemplating doing a system restore back a few days and see if it changes anything. I'm running Vista and the dreaded Nvidia video card. However everything was working fine except the games colors would occasionally freak out and I would have to minimize and restore again to fix the issue. This is the first time I've ever had it freeze up entirely. I'm running the game in 2D because I heard the 3D option doesn't work and I've also checked all the compatibility settings. I'm not using discs either I downloaded the game directly from Blizzards online store.

Any further information that could help fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.|||Nevermind I seem to have fixed the issue. Anyone who is experiencing the same issue should uninstall D2 and the expansion and reinstall them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment