Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Most viable untwinked melee build?

I've been playing some untwinked (co-op) lately, and switched to HC, because of the added fun. I was thinking, with IM removed, I wanted to try a melee char, since I never really played one before. I'm afraid though, that I'll never get the items needed to make him hell viable. So I'm asking, what kind of melee char is the best without top-of-the-line items? using only what I find?

(ladder runewords allowed)

First thought would be a frost zealot. Any other ideas?|||hm, i just realised I posted this in the bug reports section, could this be moved please?|||How bout FireClaws Druid, if you consider that meele? But I'm being biased since that is the next character I wanted to try without twinking.

Other than that, maybe a berserker barb making use of warcrys for safety.

Similar to this maybe: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=126634|||IIRC fire is the most common immunity in hell, so, unless you find a good beating stick, I'm not really sure how you will deal with those. Not sure though, i'll read up on it.|||Ya, I was hoping to find something hell-viable by that time. If not, making good use of shockwave/summons for protection and maul might help against the immunes.

On a side note, when untwinked I like to make good use of the recipe for a savage polearm on a merc or on yourself for norm/nm.

From the Arreat Summit:


Quote:




Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon




When rolled with life leach etc. on a exceptional polearm and then socketed, it comes out a pretty good weapon.|||Maybe a full IK set Barb using whirlwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment