Friday, April 13, 2012

Smite the creator of temporary ban in the face

[:1]who else here has reallllly had it with temporary bans?

seriously, doesnt it make u want to smite the creator of temp bans in the face?

i was xfering 5 hrs in a game with a freind, then suddenly i got temp restricted and it was my 3rd log for the day (within 4 hours). Luckily he was a close freind and didnt run off with the runes, he managed to pick it up after realizing ive been temp banned.

judging on ur temp ban experiences, plz vote on my pole. |||SMITE!

SMITE!

SMITE!

I friggin' hate temp bans. Although I haven't gotten one of late, it's always a risk, especially since I tend to self-mule even when there's people online I can trust. I hate to make someone sit in a game for 20 minutes while I run around muling all the crap I save.

They don't stop bots and they don't seem to stop duping.... Soooo.... what's the point? If they actually stopped duping/bots, I'd nominate the creator for Sainthood. As it is now though....

IT'S SMITING TIME!

|||its easy to avoid, just dont act like a bot

slow down when changing games/chars/accts

when muling your game will stay up for 5 minutes, and items will stay on the ground for about 15 mintues|||Take a few seconds before clicking switching characters/joining games. I count to five between each action, obviously not out loud, but to myself.

Counting isn't really even needed, you can just make sure that there's a pause before your next action.|||HA , smite to the face is winning|||why stop at smiting; can we like tie him to a chair and let every one do soemthing to him; hell make it that it has to be something that hasnt been dont before

me id start by placing 2-3 papercuts on the tip of each finger|||Ughh ... I hate the temp ban. I've lost some nice stuff to them before, but luckily I'm pretty laid back so I tend not to freak about it.

I know it doesn't really stop anything, but imagine how much worse the bots/lag/duping would be if there wasn't even this lame excuse for a fix...

one thumbs up for blizz pretending to care about us

one SMITE for doing a ****ty *** job about it

one SMITE for being too lazy to try and fix it now

one SUPERSMITE for not having D3 in my hands right now|||Temp bans are a speedbump to bots at best, not a fix. However, I'm sure they serve some nominal positive effect in the long run.

As a self-trader, I offer these tips and advice.

The temp ban triggers when one of three things happens, either you switch characters too frequently, join games too rapidly, or switch accounts too frequently.

The basic guideline I use is NEVER to switch characters more than three times in a minute or switch accounts more than twice in five minutes. I have never had any trouble while following this guideline. Also, if you have items on the ground and you are getting paranoid about how long they've been laying there... pick them up with whatever mule you happen to currently have loaded, and then toss them back down, effectively restarting the clock so you can keep muling.

If you do get temp banned, it'll probably be for about 15 or 20 minutes. The ban is on your IP address. Don't think that having multiple copies of the game, different cd-keys, or another computer on your network will help, because it won't. If you keep trying to connect, it lengthens the time of the ban.

Bottom line... a little patience goes a LONG way in all aspects of muling.

A good idea I have found is to have a "collection" character while playing. When you're inventory fills up, just load that character, pick up all the crap for proper mule distro later, and get back to playing. For me, 'proper' mule distro is having a completely separate account for mules, each named according to a category. I have armor, runes, gems, shields, weapons, misc (jewelry, charms), sets, and a trader (where all the crap I'm trading off goes). Worst case scenario.... when muling, I toss it all on the ground and change characters 8 times max.|||ARHGGGGGGGGGG!

i was playing 12 hours today, doing pure chaos runs with freinds, suddenly i logged and got kicked again.

i also lost a 3 soc vortex with Ed and 30 pjems in xfer due to temp ban, even tho i waited 1:30 sec before logging out and in,

if i ever find the guy, im gonna smite him in the sac.|||Once all of you are done smiting him and he is drowning in a pool of his own blood I will corpse explosion him.

No comments:

Post a Comment