Thursday, April 12, 2012

D2 LoD won't open

[:1]OK, so when I click on the D2 shortcut or click on "PLay D2" from the disk setup menu, my computer startes working and then just does nothing... In the "processes" tab of the windows 7 task manager it lists a "game.exe" as running but nothing shows on my screen. if i eject the disk to try again i get his error:

"Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x74FE57EC 0x000017FC 0x74FE57EC 0x74FE57EC"

if i click the "cancel" button the box will go away and the disk pops out. then i get a box that reads "insert expansion disk" if i do so and click "ok" the game will open.

This is very annoying that i have to go through this every time i want to play the game...

I am running in windowed mode, with the 1.13 patch, win-xp SP2 compatability, and directdraw 2d, i have tried many different combinations and nothing works... i have even tried re-installing to fix this problem... every once in awhile it will work and i have no idea why, but most of the time it fails...|||I seem to remember something similar. If you go to your shortcut properties and the compatibility tab (Where you previously set Windows XP), see if "Disable desktop composition" is checked. If not, then check it and try running D2. I had what sounds like a very similar issue - D2 would take forever to start up until that got checked.

You should notice certain features of Win7 changing when you try to run D2 - such as the "glass" becoming completely opaque. This will return back to normal after you exit D2.

Hopefully that sorts out your issue - if not, then I have no idea.

Also, Diablo2 hasn't required you to use the disks for a couple of patches. From Blizzard Support:


Quote:




- Patch 1.12

Downloadable Installer Support

- If all required Diablo 2 '.MPQ' files are installed on the

hard drive, the game will no longer require the CD to play.

For users that originally performed a 'Full Installation'

and wish to run without the CD, all '.MPQ' files should

be copied from the Diablo 2 CDs to the Diablo 2 directory.

Most users will only need to copy D2Music.mpq from the

Diablo 2 Play CD and/or D2xMusic.mpq from the Lord of

Destruction CD. Mac users will need to copy these music

files and rename them to 'Diablo II Music' and

'Diablo II Expansion Music' respectively.

Anyone who did not perform a 'Full Installation' will need

to re-install from CD again to ultimately play without the CD.

In this case, a 'Full Installation' is required, followed by file

copy step noted above.|||I have had Desktop Composition Disabled the entire time so its for sure not that... I will try doing a Full Install and then copying files and see if that fixes it and I will update when I get that done (I don't have all my discs with me)|||you can create a blizzard store account and register your game keys, then download d2 and lod

http://us.blizzard.com/store|||Ok so upgrading to Full Install and moving MPQ files did the trick. Thanks!|||Quote:










Also, Diablo2 hasn't required you to use the disks for a couple of patches. From Blizzard Support:




... You have just rocked my world. Now I can perm mules while I watch movies!|||I have a similar problem. I have has D2-LOD installed on my laptop for the past 4 years. I play at least 3 or 4 times a week. For some reason today when I try to play, I get the "insert expansion disc" error. I haven't made any changes to any files in my d2 folder. The disc isn't scratched. Any idea's?

No comments:

Post a Comment