Thursday, April 12, 2012

D2 wont't run in 2D (Windows 7)

[:1]I run the video test in the diablo directory and select 2D mode but when I load the game it runs it in 3D and I look at the video test again and it says 3D ..

any ideas? windows 7 if that helps ..|||Any specific reason you wish to run it in 2D mode? In any case you may wish to try using the glide wrapper instead, it should both look better and run smoother as long as you adjust the settings of the wrapper correctly ...|||windows 7 has trouble with Diablo 2. one thing I can say is make sure you are always running as administrator.|||I run Diablo 2 flawlessly on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, but i have removed UAC (User Access Control) and run everything like Administrator.|||Quote:








I run Diablo 2 flawlessly on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, but i have removed UAC (User Access Control) and run everything like Administrator.




Indeed, if you do not run it in admin mod you will definitely run into problems. One of which will tell you it can't verify the version you are running.|||Hi, i have windows 7 and i selected DirecDraw mode because Direct3D made me the game slow, also in the shortcut in Properties -> Compatibility i checked "Disable desktop composition" and "Run this program as an administrator".

If i don't check Desktop composition the game starts after 2-3 minutes i click on it.

If i run the game window mode i don't have any colour problems, i don't know if this helps but this is what i did to play diablo in windows 7.

I apologize if I write something wrong.|||As an aside, I noticed that the video test program does not remember your selection when you re-run it. So if you selected 2D, the next time you run the program, it will default to 3D (or 3dfx Glide if you are using the Glide wrapper.)|||3dfx makes the game run almost as bad as d3d for me. My best option is to use Windowed view. The game runs fine for the most part until i get those 30-second massive system lag, or sudden ping spikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment